Thursday, September 10, 2015

Kinkajou

I live fifty degrees North to fifteen degrees south, and thirty-five degrees to sixty-five degrees in the Amazon Rain forest. My typical diet is fruit, nectar, honey and insects. The weather each year the Amazon Rain forest gets about 9 feet of rain. During the months of maximum precipitation, broad areas traversed by the Amazon are subject to severe floods. I mostly sleep in the upper canopy, hiding in the holes of the trees during the keep cool and warm. I can hide in the upper branches protect myself from my enemies. If my home in the forest was destroyed, I would live in the thick vine tree. And I would eat is insects, birds, and small mammals. I wouldn’t be able to live without the rain forest. Because I already adapt rain forest, my sharp claws help me to climb trees and my long tail to hang from tree to tree for me grip.

1 comment: